The Perfect Vegetable Stir Fry
15g Sesame Seeds
1/2 Red Pepper
2 Savoy Cabbage Leaves
Sugarsnap Peas, handful
3 Chestnut Mushrooms
1-2 tablespoons Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
How to make it
We have Eli Farrington to thank for this recipe. Farrington's, based at the village of Harrington, just a few miles away, supply us with a range of products that you purchase from our Farm Shop.
Start by preparing the ingredients in advance.
- Slice and de-seed the red pepper.
- Remove the cabbage stalk and slice it up.
- Wash the babycorn and sugarsnap peas.
- Brush clean and slice the mushrooms (don't wash them).
- Cut the onions into chunks (or eighths) and separate the layers.
- Wash and dry the beansprouts.
- Peel and julienne the carrot.
Now it's time to start cooking.
- In a frypan, toast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes (stirring frequently to stop them burning). Remove.
- In a large wok or the frypan, add the rapeseed oil and get it nice and hot.
- Add the onion, babycorn and sugarsnap peas and cook for one minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the beansprouts and cook for a further minute.
It's equally delicious served with cooked chicken, prawns and egg-fried rice.